2nd Quarter Virtual Chapter Meeting (Via Zoom only)
5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Virtual via Zoom (link will be sent upon registration)
Setting the Foundation: Boundaries and Barriers in Your Coaching Practice
Under the Core Competency of Setting the Foundation is Establishing the Coaching Agreement. Our speaker, Lisa Medley, MSEC, is an established coach who has experience with boundary setting and re-setting, setting up agreements, and navigating the challenge of being hired by a third-party. Join us for an engaging evening as we successfully navigate this topic!
Learning Objectives and/or Topic Outline:
1. Define the necessary components of a coaching agreement so that expectations between coach and client are clear.
2. Determine how to set and/or reset boundaries with a client, in the event adjustments are needed in the coaching relationship.
3. Examine potential liabilities that coaches may incur, and determining when to refer a client to another professional for help.
ICF Competencies Addressed:
This session has been approved for 1.0 Core Competency Continuing Coach Education Units for Setting the Foundation
1. Meeting Ethical Guidelines and Professional Standards
2. Establishing the Coaching Agreement
Meet Lisa M. Medley
Lisa M. Medley is a board-certified executive leadership coach and speaker whose commitment to leadership development is rooted in the belief that good leaders become great leaders when three things are present: mentoring, sponsorship, and great executive coaching. With more than 13 years of experience in the financial industry, holding leadership positions in Learning and Development, Information Security, Operations, and Risk, she's an expert in leadership development and has a focus on developing diverse talent. She received her Master of Science in Executive Coaching at Queens University of Charlotte, her Bachelor of Art in English from Converse College, and is a Board Certified Coach through the Center for Credentialing and Education.