Western Carolinas Monthly Program: Integrating Health and Wellness into our Coaching Conversations
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
John will share his insights on his journey toward Health and Wellness Coaching and the importance of integrating health and wellness conversations into our coaching work. In our session, John will discuss:
- Oscillation Life is a series of sprints that require managing stress and structuring recovery.
- Energy's Four Dimensions How important it is to recognize the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual dimensions and design strategies for both creating and sustaining energy.
- Focus on our Ultimate Mission Why recognizing our purpose is the key to developing rituals and sustaining new habits that enable us to be our "best selves."
The goals of our discussion are to:
- Raise awareness of coaches about methods for integrating health and wellness into their coaching conversations
- Learn about managing stress and structuring recovery
- Understand the four dimensions of energy that coaches and their clients can explore without coaches leading the client
ICF Competencies Addressed:
- Evokes Awareness - Facilitates client insight and learning by using tools and techniques
- Facilitates Client Growth - Partners with the client to transform learning and insight into action.
CCEUs will be available for this program: 1 Core Competencies and .5 Resource Development CCEUs.
Meet Your Presenter: John Locke, ACC
John Locke is an executive and leadership development internal coach for Dixon Hughes Goodman (DHG), a top 20 regional accounting firm based in Charlotte. John serves senior managers , partners and C-suite executives. John worked on the design and implementation team for DHG's custom brand, "Energy for Life" which helps DHG team members focus on energy creation, health, and ultimate mission.
John holds a BBA from Ohio University and a MBA from Western Carolina University. He is a Distinguished Toastmaster and holds the WBECS Conversational Intelligence Coaching Certification. John completed extensive training through Johnson and Johnson's Corporate Athlete programs and received his certification in Health, Wellness and Positive Psychology from the College of Executive Coaching. John co-founded the Western Carolinas Coaches ICF Charlotte Sub-Chapter. Certified as an ACC coach by ICF, John's coaching focus includes the areas of executive presence, team leadership, business development and public speaking.