Command and control leadership does not work anymore. Instead, building relationships and coaching are the keys to a manager's success. Helping your clients understand how to care for their teams on a human level is essential. Join the ICF Charlotte Book Club for a discussion around the book "Radical Candor," by Kim Scott.
During the conversation, you will learn:
- The importance of bringing your whole self to work to build radically candid relationships, - How to create a culture of open communication by getting, giving and encouraging guidance,
- What motivates others and how to help them take a step in the direction of their dreams, - How to drive results collaboratively, by telling people what does and doesn't work, and
- Essential tools and techniques for building trust, providing guidance, enhancing performance and getting results.
Specific core competencies addressed during this discussion include:
- Co-creating the Relationship (Building Trust and Intimacy with the Client and Coaching presence)
- Communicating Effectively (Active listening, Powerful Questioning and Direct Communication)
- Facilitating Learning and Results (Creating Awareness, Designing Actions, Planning and Goal Setting, and Managing Progress and Accountability)
With more than 25 years of experience, Christine Kinney brings a unique blend of expertise in executive coaching, assessments, Conversational Intelligence (C-IQ), Emotional Intelligence (EQ), job fit, communication strategy, and leadership development and training. As an executive coach, Christine has a strong track record of working with C-suite leaders and others to help them achieve their goals and reach their full potential. Having witnessed the powerful benefits of coaching in her own life, she is passionate about mentoring and inspiring others--especially emerging leaders. Before becoming a coach, Christine held senior leadership positions for a number of organizations large and small in a variety of different industries, including financial services, insurance, education, utilities and consulting.