"Help! What do I do with a client that stalls, doesn't know what to do next, can't decide or take action? When they are totally stuck and neither one of us seem to know what to do about it, I feel like I'm failing as a coach and the client isn't getting any value from what I have to offer. Where do I go from here?"
Sound familiar? It is an uncomfortable place to be. Sometimes the coach takes on blame, "If I was a better coach, I'd know how to get us moving again." Sometimes the frustration is laid at the feet of the client, "This client isn't coachable." Or the coach reverts to their mentoring/teaching/consulting toolkit to get things moving.
In this session, we will reframe stuck and see the amazing opportunities it provides both coach and client. Growth occurs in the juicy place right before things get unstuck.
· Gain new perspectives on "stuck" as a powerful (and even fun!) stage of change
· Learn immediately applicable strategies for embracing and exploring stuck
· Observe coaching Stuck in a live demo
Participants will learn:
Supports CC #4 Trust and Safety
· Creating a safe, supportive environment for exploration
· Ability #3 respects the client talents, insights, and work in the coaching process
Supports CC #5 Maintains Presence
· Ability #1 remains focused, observant, empathetic and responsive while the client explores a challenging inner experience
· Ability #5 is comfortable working in a space of not knowing
Supports CC #6 Listens Actively
· Ability #2 reflects or summarizes what the client communicated to ensure clarity and understanding
Supports CC #7 Evokes Awareness
· Ability #4 Asks questions that help the client explore beyond current thinking
· Ability #6 Notices what is working to enhance client progress
100% Core Competency focused
This session has been approved for 1.5 Core Competency CCEU.
NOTE: This is a two-step registration process:
1. Register here with ICF Charlotte Area Chapter
2. Receive a confirmation screen and email with a Zoom registration link. Click on the Zoom link and complete your registration to receive a personal Zoom link from ICF Global.